Top eCommerce Website Design Trends – You Must Follow in 2021
Technology is evolving every day, and website designs are no exception.
Evaluating any website takes only 50 milliseconds. Yes, people can decide in seconds whether your site satisfies their demands, appears professional, and is worth spending time on.
In simple terms, visitors will express their opinions or evaluate the site based on its design quality.
With millions of eCommerce sites on the internet, the concern of how one eCommerce store differs from another occurs. Several factors such as mobile friendliness, product quality, security all contribute to the site’s success. Furthermore, the user experience must not be overlooked because it is the key to giving clients a positive purchasing experience.
The answer is simple: Prioritizing users while designing a website is critical if you want to rank well on the search engines.
You can hire a Magento developer to accomplish website designing if you don’t know anything about it. However, if you’re thinking about building a new website or upgrading an existing one on your own, this complete guide is for you.
The Guide to Top eCommerce Website Design Trends for 2021
1. Easy eCommerce Website Navigation
The key to success is website usability. The navigation can be described as the ability of users to navigate through your site, obtain what they’re searching for, and take the necessary action. Visitors will fail to get what they are seeking if the visual hierarchy is chaotic.
As a result, some significant factors to consider when designing an eCommerce website for easy navigation involve:
a). Precise Product Categories
The top of the design hierarchy focused on navigation must display the website’s categories. Additionally, classify the products into appropriate categories and subcategories.
Of course, categorizing the services or products under the appropriate category is essential. This is because users can quickly browse them and get a sense of what product value the site can offer. In addition, evaluating the site navigation is beneficial to obtaining amazing UX because it decides your site’s future.
b). Product Search
In simple terms, the shoppers can not purchase a product they want if they can’t find it. As a result, creating a search feature that can assist consumers in finding the thing they desire becomes vital.
However, the search function must be designed considering the following:
- Supports all query types: The user searches must cover all kinds of queries like categories, product names, attributes, and other customer-related information. Also, you can integrate a sample search query to instruct users on how to use the site’s features.
- Offers auto-complete search feature: Having an auto-complete function provides the flexibility for customers to find the desired product. This improves sales potential by recommending products that are comparable to what customers are looking for.
- Sort and filter choice: Allow customers to narrow down their searches by highest price, lowest price, best seller, product reviews, ratings, and other factors. Also, eliminate the items that don’t belong in a specific category.
c). Provide Real-Time Offers
According to the study, 59 % of the users look for deals, offers, or discounts in real-time. To begin with the tailored experiences, you can make an automatic deal popup appear on the screen. Even if the discounts aren’t huge, the choice to save money can seem satisfying to both customers and businesses at the time.
2. UI Design Factors for Building eCommerce Website
Undoubtedly, the website’s appearance influences the user’s first opinions. Of course, having a mobile-friendly design for your online store is crucial for improving site traffic and sales.
This is because users will believe you are behind the times if your site is old and cluttered. So, you’re trying to figure out how to make your eCommerce site more user-friendly?
- Visual Hierarchy: When purchasing online, customers are impatient and prefer easy navigation. As a result, keep vital information above the fold and utilize less white space to put products closer together rather than displaying them below the fold.
- Follow the Brand’s Initiative: Choose colors that represent your business and what products it sells. Maintain a consistent business experience across all channels and devices. This way, you’ll be able to establish solid customer relationships.
- Avoid Overdesigning: Consider the right spacing, color, and size. Colors play a huge role in showcasing that something is significant, without cluttering the design or oversizing the elements. To avoid overdesigning and resting content visibility, utilize high-contrast background colors and fonts.
3. Build eCommerce Site to Boost Conversions
It is vital to have a website that customers believe is trustworthy and reliable. Of course, when purchasing online, personal information such as account numbers, transaction histories, and other details must be protected. As a result, if the site does not appear to be trustworthy, the customer will seek a more safe option.
To building credibility for your eCommerce store, follow these:
- Post Product Reviews: Sharing product reviews can assist buyers in better understanding all aspects of the product. This can also help to alleviate any concerns or questions they may have regarding a product, thereby improving the user experience. Furthermore, add a summary to the product reviews and publish the consumer’s name to demonstrate the reviews’ credibility.
- Focus on Details: There are issues such as 404 pages not found, missing images, broken links, and others that have a negative influence on trust. To maintain the site’s trustworthiness, make sure to avoid any of these user-experience-killing flaws.
- Utilize Encrypted Server: Buyers want their personal information to be kept safe when shopping online. Integrating SSL certificates validates the website’s identity and encrypts the data that needs security. Customers will see that checkouts are safe and that SSL badges and certificates will protect all of their personal information.
4. eCommerce Product Page Design Considerations
For offering an excellent eCommerce website user experience, enable shoppers to learn more about the product. Begin by creating a product page that reflects the experience of shopping in a physical store. Include a lot of product photographs, extensive descriptions, and customer reviews for specific items.
Let us talk about these points in detail!
a). Clear Product Images
With online shopping, buyers can not touch, try, or feel the product. Rather their purchase depends on whatever they find online and read about the product specifications. This is the reason providing clear images for the product is vital. For this,
- Integrate High-Quality Images: Being everything online, analyzing the product quality also depends on the images provided. Additionally, good images boost the likelihood of the product being sold. As a result, using large-format, high-quality pictures will attract the shopper’s interest and allow them to evaluate the goods in greater depth.
- Ensure Using a White Background: Avoid using a background color that contradicts the product. You can pick the white color, which works well with all color schemes and allows for excellent product styling.
- Use Distinct Images for One Product: Click and showcase the product images from varying angles. You can employ 360-degree view, which allows customers to move and rotate the image, giving them a comparable experience to shopping in a physical store.
- Stay Consistent: Use uniform images to retain the overall website’s appearance. This will keep everything uncluttered and tidy, from product pages to information, images, and so on. For example, product pictures should all be the same in the features part, reviews area, and other web pages where the specific product is mentioned.
b). Relevant and Adequate Product Information
Ensure you provide adequate and relevant product information on the website so they can make the purchase rightly. Add information like availability, product sizes, dimensions, color, material, pricing, and more. The fewer queries the shoppers will have, the more they will be inclined to make a purchase.
Display Recommended and Similar Product Suggestions
Display goods relevant to the product customers are searching, and those that others have bought. All of this information can be provided on the product description page or when a customer adds an item to their cart. Customers will be directed to things that are appropriate for their needs, inspiring them to continue shopping.
5. eCommerce Design for Website’s Shopping Cart
Creating a shopping cart that includes all of the necessary functionality, such as allowing customers to see their saved items, remove them from the basket, increase the product quantity, and proceed to checkout. The purpose behind designing the shopping cart page is to make customers shop from your store.
So, to achieve user-friendly and motivate shoppers to continue shopping, consider these:
- Implement Effective CTAs: The checkout button should be the primary CTA on the shopping cart page. Make this call-to-action button stand out by utilizing bright colors and concise language.
- Publish the Adequate Feedback: Ensure the product is acknowledged as soon as it is added to the shopping cart. Buyers frequently get confused by incomplete checkout confirmations. For this, you can use eye-catchy animations that clear up any uncertainty about product confirmation.
- Show Product Details Added to the Cart: The display of item characteristics such as name, size, number, and pricing aids purchasers in remembering which things they wish to buy and comparing products.
- Ensure Editing in the Cart: Add features like save to wishlist or changing product attributes like quantity, size, or color.
- Include Shipping or Tax Charges in the Checkout Page: One primary reason why people quit buying is because of unexpected or surprising delivery expenses. As a result, specify the total price, including VAT, shipping charges, and the expected shipping date.
6. eCommerce Website Checkout Page Design
The essential key to building a successful eCommerce website is not to choose a trendy design. It also has no impact on the user’s experience in any aspect.
Therefore, a few ways of how to build a well-structured checkout page that leads to successful conversions are offered below.
- Include a Variety of Payment Choices: Varying buyers prefer different payment gateways to make the payments. So, offer almost all payment gateway types available if possible to increase clientele and make the shoppers buy from your store.
- Utilize Concise Error Messages: Nothing could be more annoying for a customer than not being able to purchase goods and not being able to assess why. Hence, instead of displaying errors after the form has been submitted, give users real-time error alerts.
- Keep it Simple: Reduce the number of fields in every form on your site and eliminate the steps that aren’t necessary. You can make the shipping address the billing address by default to save customers the trouble of inputting their address twice. Overall, create a checkout page where customers can review their shopping cart, enter their shipping address, and pay.
- Offer Customer Support: Include a customer service number or a live chat option. With these options, shoppers can contact you directly to get their queries solved rather than abandoning shopping.
In the year 2020, you may have noticed several Magento web design trends going up and down. Commerce has grown significantly, but trends such as dark mode have diminished for the time being.
In 2021, there are a few web design facts, the most important of which is that mobile commerce and website loading speed will always be a priority. In addition, all of these common trends will be prioritized in the future to accomplish eCommerce business growth.
As a result, make sure you don’t lose consumers, revenue, or social shares because of a cluttered or poorly designed website. Instead, use this guide to learn about all of the latest website design trends!
Our certified Magento developers at Magentofx focus on designing customized eCommerce websites with great quality and flexibility. Magentofx specialists understand client requirements and provide UI/UX services, delivering fantastic shopping experiences for consumers.
Overall, we focus on tracking trends, calculating statistics, determining customer wants and investing in building eCommerce websites.